Tuesday, March 8, 2011

poof!

apres-work last night i rushed home to get back into the kitchen. the event i'm doing all this work for is tomorrow evening, so yesterday and tonight are really crunch time; i spent most of my night baking sheet cakes and painting macarons. so far, so good, but tonight looks like it's setting up to be a late one; i have lots of assembly to do, lots of finishing touches, and of course i have to meet an electrician at work at 7:30 am - it'll be like college! in that i will get no where near enough sleep and yet probably be out until late tomorrow night (hopefully reveling in my success while stuffing my face with my own desserts.)

wedding planning has been stalled in the midst of all the baking madness, and i'm starting to stress about it. heavily. a couple mornings ago i was brushing my bangs and found my first grey hair. i kid you not. here's hoping that the latter part of this week is easy, quiet, and gives me time to do some much-needed wedding planning.



top: thrifted
skirt: thrifted
tights: HUE, gift from my soon to be mother-in-law
shoes: steve madden
shoe poofs: ban.do

just got this package from ban.do in the mail yesterday, and i am in love with everything in it, which i will do my best not to wear all at once but parse out over a few days. even the packaging is adorable.

these shoes are noticeably scuffed on one side - one bright sunny saturday last spring sam and i decided to ride over the brooklyn bridge (he on his skateboard, me on my bike) and i for whatever reason thought that i could ride in kitten heels - i of course took a terrible spill and destroyed my knee, elbows, and one of these shoes. battle scars.

have a lovely tuesday, folks!

xo audrey

6 comments:

  1. Love the tights and the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unexpected and beautiful color combo! You're really great at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that outfit and the shoes are still super cute even with the scuffs. I also received the blessed gift of my first grey hair when I was planning my wedding. Just rest assured that everything will get done and you'll inevitably look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this whole outfit! The colors are just darling and that skirt is awesome!
    xx

    http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the Bando clips, I've wanted some for awhile! Good color scheme too.

    xoxo, Rah

    http://www.fashflood.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you guys so much! house of milk - i HOPE you're right. i really thought a small backyard wedding would be easy as pie - i can't believe how much work it's turned into!

    rah - i highly recommend some. i wasn't sure how practical shoe clips would be but i think i'll wear these alot, and if you join their mailing list you get 15% off your first order!

    xo

    ReplyDelete