Monday, May 4, 2009

jetlaggg

i woke up at 5 o'clock this morning and stumbled around in the half-dark throwing my belongings into my bag. slept in the cab ride there, slept on the chairs in my gate, slept against the window of the plane, my mouth surely hanging open and my book sitting untouched on my lap. i woke up feeling like i'd been drugged - my eyes felt stuck together and standing up felt like the hardest work i've ever done. i dragged myself outside and stood in line for a cab, shivering a bit after the perfect chicago sunshine. the concrete was a mess of puddles and i could see my breath as i stood, waiting, with at least 30 strangers behind me, impatiently as one cab came every 3 minutes. finally i climbed in one, told him where i was going, and fell back asleep.

so here i am, at work, in my rumpled clothes and unwashed hair; the closet was fuller than usual, and i didn't have the energy to move anything or pose, so here's the best i can do today.



dress: h&m
belt: bought at a thrift store in chicago this weekend
tights: HUE
shoes: etsy

tired. tired tired tired. too tired to post more, but i'll be back tomorrow with (hopefully) my brain back intact and more to say about my trip.

xo audrey

2 comments:

  1. hey, love your blog! i was wondering, how do you get your clothes to be in color (in your photos) but have the backgrounds be black-and-white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your belt is a gem! it's so thin i'm slightly afraid it might break XDD rest well!

    ReplyDelete